Christian Drug treatment programs aim to bring sobriety and education to their clients, but also provide tools and resources for each individual to get back to his or her spirituality, and a life of placing God first in all that they do.
Some of the Christian based components which are implemented as support in these rehab programs can include: pastoral guidance, bible study, worship services, Christian based12-step program.
Treatment for drug addiction amongst Christians not only help the individuals overcome the addiction, but also help these individuals have faith placed at the centres of their lives, and as such incorporating that faith into the chemical dependency treatment they receive can allow them to flourish in their recovery.
Drug and alcohol abuse can cause people to feel shame, wonder if God exists, or question whether God loves them. When Christians and people of faith struggle with chemical dependency, spiritual rehabilitation programs are often more effective than secular programs.
In some cases, faith-based addiction recovery may be combined with a traditional 12-step program to offer a well-rounded treatment approach. Clients battling addiction find many advantages to Christian alcohol and drug rehab programs, such as a sense of community, and personal faith growth.
Christian rehab programs are available in a variety of settings. The message of the gospel can be of tremendous help to people suffering from alcoholism and drug addictions. Some of the methods involved in Christian drug rehab programs include the following:
- Medical Detox from drugs like alcohol, opiates, benzodiazepines, and stimulant drugs.
- Individual therapy.
- Group therapy.
- 12-step program implementation.
- Dual diagnosis treatment.
- Cognitive Behavioural therapy.
- Family workshops
There are many types of Christian drug treatment programs, but here is a summary about the main varieties:
- Christian Alcohol Rehab: Patients develop bonds and look to one another for support, especially during interactive group therapy sessions. Patients recite and live by God’s word to change their way of thinking, rebuild their lives and strengthen their recovery efforts.
- Christian Drug Rehab
- Christian Detox Programs
- Christian Holistic Addiction Treatment
- Christian Residential Alcohol and Drug Rehab
- Christian Long-Term Alcohol and Drug Rehab
More so, many Christian-based recovery programs encourage clients to attend 12-step meetings and become part of a Christian faith community after completing treatment. These aftercare steps, when combined with an active faith walk, help recovering addicts stay on track, avoid relapse, and get help when new triggers tempt them.